Why 3 vs. 3?
Aside from the fact that 3 vs. 3 soccer is fun and challenging, there are many reasons to get involved in the game's newest craze:
1. Both older and younger players prosper at 3 v 3 soccer;
2. Fans are close to the action, and the games are fun to watch;
3. 3 v 3 soccer develops solid soccer fundamental skills such as trapping and passing;
4. 3 v 3 soccer develops a player's ability to make decisions under pressure;
5. Players improve their field vision;
6. Players learn solid defensive skills;
7. Players learn how to position themselves when they do not have the ball;
8. All players on a team participate on a nearly equal basis;
9. Players learn how to play single touch soccer and to be comfortable with the ball;
10. Players learn the importance of positioning on the field;
11. Because rosters are limited to six players, it is easy to put a team together for a 3 v 3 soccer tournament;
12. Teammates traveling to tournaments bond with each other and befriend other teams;
13. Parents can easily become involved in 3 v 3 tournaments with little long term commitment; and
14. There are fewer injuries because the ball is rarely played in the air.